Birth Consultant Services ($450):
In-person or virtual visits (up to one per month during the course of your pregnancy) to discuss the specific desires and questions you have regarding your birth.
Resources and guidance as you discover your options related to your birth experience:
- Journal prompts to help you discover what you truly desire from your birth experience (not just what you don’t want.)
- Resource suggestions for personal study.
- Evidence-based information regarding prenatal testing and interventions that may be offered to you during pregnancy and labor.
- Resources regarding alternative therapies (essential oils, chiropractic care, ect.) sometimes used by pregnant women.
- Assistance in finding a local doula, if outside the Rochester, MN area.
- Postpartum checklist to help you plan for an optimal postpartum experience.
- Discussion of your specific birth and postpartum questions.
Phone and text availability during the first three months postpartum.
Birth Doula Services ($1,000)
In-home prenatal visits with you and your family (up to one per month during pregnancy.)
Resources and guidance as you discover your birth desires (see Birth Consulting above).
Twenty-four hour on-call availability for your labor and delivery, beginning two weeks prior to your due date (all reasonable attempts will be made to attend your birth if it happens before 38 weeks.)
Continuous in-person support throughout your labor and up to 2 hours after delivery:
- Assistance with mobility and positioning.
- Non-medical comfort measures.
- Guidance for your birth partner in how to best support you.
- Explanations of procedures or interventions being offered.
- Any specific emotional or physical support discussed in your prenatal visit.
Two in-home postpartum visits.
Back-up doula on-call in case of emergencies or extra long labors.
Written Birth Story (Optional)
Additional Travel Fees for Birth Doula Services (one time payment):
30-40 miles outside of Rochester ($50)
40-50 miles outside of Rochester ($75)
Locations further than 50 miles will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Any paid fees for birth consulting services will transfer if you choose to request my presence at your labor as a doula before 38 weeks (subject to availability.)